IN THIS SECTION
- A minimum of 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (previously grade C). These must include English Language, Mathematics and Science or equivalent (For GCSE Science, an equivalent in BTEC level 2 Applied Science with a minimum Merit grade will also be accepted. Please note that the two remaining subjects need to be actual GCSEs).
- 112 UCAS tariff points from A level or other Level 3 qualifications.
- QTS skills tests in literacy in numeracy BEFORE commencing the programme.
- Knowledge and understanding of primary education, including the National Curriculum and other current educational initiatives.
- Knowledge and understanding of the role of the primary teacher.
- Experience in a UK state primary school is advantageous.
- ICT confidence and competency.
- Personal qualities that evidence that you are able to: work on own initiative and manage workload;
- Work co-operatively and effectively with people from a diverse society; build relationships with children that promote learning; interests and talents that would enhance children's learning experiences.
- Willingness to seek employment in the local area.
The Two Mile Ash ITT Partnership is committed to equal opportunities and will not discriminate on the grounds of colour, race, nationality, ethnic origin, sex or marital status or on the grounds of disability.
We encourage potential applicants with disabilities, or other special needs, to visit the Partnership and discuss any programme adjustments that might be deemed reasonable. All efforts will be made to support an individual's needs, but applicants should be aware that unsuccessful management of a condition may result in termination of the programme.
How to apply
Applications for this course need to be made via UCAS. As we are the first SCITT in the country to be offering this innovative, class room based pathway, we are currently being set up on UCAS. We anticipate being live and taking applications from Monday 22 October. A link to make an application will be available here after this date.