IN THIS SECTION
- A UK Bachelors Honours Degree, or equivalent qualification.
- English, Mathematics and Science GCSEs/O levels, or equivalent qualifications (at grade C or above).
- QTS Skills Tests in Literacy and Numeracy.
- Clear and accurate written and verbal communication skills/ability to read effectively.
- Clean criminal record and good health.
- Knowledge and understanding of primary education, including the National Curriculum and other current educational initiatives.
- Knowledge and understanding of the role of the primary teacher.
- Experience in a mainstream UK primary classroom within the last two years (a minimum of 10 days, but greater experience will strengthen application).
- ICT confidence and competency.
- Personal Qualities – evidence that you are able to:
- Work on own initiative and manage workload.
- Work co-operatively and effectively with people from a diverse society.
- Build relationships with children that promote learning.
- Interests and talents that would enhance children’s learning experiences.
- Willingness to seek employment in the local area.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the rigour required to study at Masters Level.
Additional Criteria For Salaried Routes
- Individualised programme agreed and Partnership Agreement signed by Headteacher.
- Identification, through the selection process, as exhibiting the potential to be a Good or Outstanding teacher by the end of the programme.
Desirable Criteria For Salaried Routes
- At least a year’s worth of Teaching Assistant experience in school.
- Financial backing from school to support additional costs required on top of NCTL salary grant.