IN THIS SECTION
- A UK Bachelors Honours Degree, or equivalent qualification.
- A minimum of 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (previously grade C). These must include English Language, Mathematics and Science or equivalent* (For GCSE Science, an equivalent in BTEC level 2 Applied Science with a minimum Merit grade will also be accepted. Please note that the two remaining subjects need to be actual GCSEs. *Please contact us directly to discuss suitable equivalent standard qualifications for the PGTA route.
- Clear and accurate written and verbal communication skills/ability to read effectively.
- Clean criminal record and good health.
- Knowledge and understanding of primary education, including the National Curriculum and other current educational initiatives.
- Knowledge and understanding of the role of the primary teacher.
- Experience in a mainstream UK primary classroom within the last two years (a minimum of 10 days, but greater experience will strengthen application).
- ICT confidence and competency.
- Personal Qualities – evidence that you are able to:
- Work on own initiative and manage workload.
- Work co-operatively and effectively with people from a diverse society.
- Build relationships with children that promote learning.
- Interests and talents that would enhance children’s learning experiences.
- Willingness to seek employment in the local area.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the rigour required to study at Masters Level.
Additional Criteria For The Post Graduate Teaching Apprenticeship Route
- Individualised programme agreed and Partnership Agreement signed by Headteacher.
- Identification, through the selection process, as exhibiting the potential to be a Good or Outstanding teacher by the end of the programme.
Desirable Criteria For The Post Graduate Teaching Apprenticeship Route
- At least a year’s worth of Teaching Assistant experience in school.
- Financial backing from school to support additional costs required.