IN THIS SECTION
- A UK Bachelors Honours Degree, or equivalent qualification.
- A minimum of 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (previously grade C). These must include English Language, Mathematics and Science or equivalent* (For GCSE Science, an equivalent in BTEC level 2 Applied Science with a minimum Merit grade will also be accepted. Please note that the two remaining subjects need to be actual GCSEs. *Please contact us directly to discuss suitable equivalent standard qualifications for the PGTA route.
- Clear and accurate written and verbal communication skills/ability to read effectively.
- Satisfactory DBS clearance and fitness to train to teach.
- Knowledge and understanding of primary education, including the National Curriculum and other current educational initiatives.
- Knowledge and understanding of the role of the primary teacher.
Personal Qualities – evidence that you are able to:
- Work on own initiative and manage workload.
- Work co-operatively and effectively with people from a diverse society.
- Build relationships with children that promote learning.
- Interests and talents that would enhance children’s learning experiences.
Additional Criteria For The Post Graduate Teaching Apprenticeship Route
- For this route into teaching, you are likely to already have a school willing to support you through your training by employing you as a Postgraduate Apprentice Teacher. You must have employment as described in order to start the course.
- If you don't have the support of a school before application, get in touch with us to discuss your options to begin your journey to QTS.