IN THIS SECTION
- A British Bachelors Honours Degree, or equivalent qualification.
- English, Mathematics and Science GCSEs/O levels, or equivalent qualifications (at grade C or above).
- QTS Skills Tests in Literacy and Numeracy.
- Clear and accurate written and verbal communication skills/ability to read effectively.
- Clean criminal record and good health.
- Knowledge and understanding of primary education, including the National Curriculum and other current educational initiatives.
- Knowledge and understanding of the role of the primary teacher.
- Experience in a mainstream UK primary classroom within the last two years (a minimum of 10 days, but greater experience will strengthen application).
- ICT confidence and competency.
- Personal Qualities – evidence that you are able to:
- Work on own initiative and manage workload.
- Work co-operatively and effectively with people from a diverse society.
- Build relationships with children that promote learning.
- Interests and talents that would enhance children’s learning experiences.
- Willingness to seek employment in the local area.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the rigour required to study at Masters Level.
Additional Criteria For Salaried Routes
- Individualised programme agreed and Partnership Agreement signed by Headteacher.
- Identification, through the selection process, as exhibiting the potential to be a Good or Outstanding teacher by the end of the programme.
Desirable Criteria For Salaried Routes
- At least a year’s worth of Teaching Assistant experience in school.
- Financial backing from school to support additional costs required on top of NCTL salary grant.
First round Applications
Received by Fri 10th Nov 2017
Interviews held at the end of Nov beginning of Dec
Second round Applications
Received by Fri 8 Dec 2017
Interviews held at the beginning/mid Jan 2018
Third round Applications
Received by Fri 5th Jan 2018
Interviews held mid/end 2018
After that, all further applications will be considered on a first-come, first-served basis until all our places are filled. See UCAS website for which programmes still have vacancies.